We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you would like to apply for in the email subject.
Current Job Openings:
Sales Department | Full-time
The Customer Qualifier is responsible for increasing efficiency in the life cycle of the marketing pipeline. He or she will respond to potential, current and past clients to increase engagement with our Brand, with the end goal of turning this engagement into an opportunity.
- Develop marketing qualification strategies that identify potential clients.
- Effectively identify and qualify potential clients to become opportunities
- Create communications and deliver messages that increase interaction with our brand through telephone, e-mail, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Analyze and segment data
- Create itineraries in FL for niche clients, send quotes and negotiate sales
- Become a brand ambassador to improve company profile across social media
- Generate new business opportunities
- Qualify prospects/leads using a variety of mediums (telephone, e-mail, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- Effectively communicate with prospective clients via email and phone, with the ability to quote prices answers questions.
- C1 English level – 100% proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing
- At least 3 years experience in a sales, marketing or customer service position
- High level knowledge of Costa Rica
- Knowledge of the Costa Rican Tourism Industry a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated individual with a history of success
- Available to work some weekends and evenings.
Technology Department | Full-time
The .NET Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining the company .NET based web applications. This person covers the most relevant technologies and frameworks across the entire software stack. This position reports directly to the .Net Lead and is involved in hands-on development work that is critical to the success of the business.
- Develop and maintain web applications built on any one of the Microsoft development environments and frameworks.
- Develop and maintain web applications built on widely used client side technologies.
- Write application document specifications at the system and operational level.
- Provide maintenance and technical support for the legacy applications of the company.
- Support internal customer service requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of full-time demonstrated .Net development experience using C# including at least 4 years of Web development experience.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience on .NET Framework 4 and above.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience on ASP.NET 4 (MVC and Web API), Entity framework 6 and LINQ.
- Knowledge of .NET Framework Core, ASP.NET Core and Entity framework Core is a plus.
- Good understanding and proven experience using design patterns, data structures and tiered architecture like SOA.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL programming and advanced understanding of relational databases like SQL Server and MySQL.
- Daily hands-on development experience using latest Visual Studio versions.
- Experience in Agile working environments is a plus.
- B2+ English and Spanish communication skills (oral and written).
Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Marketing Department | Full-time
The Online Advertising Specialist is responsible for supporting web marketing initiatives across the entire NAMU Travel Group. The Online Advertising Specialist works as part of a team to ensure that NAMU´s paid online goals are met according to agreed criteria.
- Manage and serve as main contact for all online advertising projects and campaigns to meet team goals
- Manage, review, and perform daily account responsibilities associated with advertising on Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms
- Manage display network placement lists on AdWords and through other platforms
- Maintain and monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score, and other important account metrics
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, ad placements, and other facets of online advertising
- Manage the creation of large keyword lists
- Provide creative copy suggestions and graphical ad templates
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and make decisions relating to ad performance, user engagement, conversions, etc.
- Maintain and deliver scheduled and on-demand reports on budget, goals and revenue tracking, and other major metrics
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience in online advertising (Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing, Programmatic Advertising, Display Networks, etc), with proven proficiency in managing moderate to large scale accounts and a track record generating ROI for competitive industries
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of major online advertising platforms and technologies
- Excellent analytical thinking, with broad experience using a variety of tools, including Google Analytics and advertising platform and third-party tools.
- AdWords, Google Analytics, BingAds, Facebook ads certifications a plus
- Good copywriting (ad) skills
- Graphic design skills desirable
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Responsible and proactive team player
- Problem Solver: ability to fix complex issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Why Work With Us?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who possess wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ‘round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway.
Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90 day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not—Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement.
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica*
- Be in San José for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San José offices
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks Financial Freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a lifelong learner who seeks personal and professional development
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- A university degree
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to email@example.com. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to ‘sell’ your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What 3 skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- What is your favorite “travel experience” in Costa Rica? Why?
WHY WORK WITH US?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations– we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.