We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job. Please send your resume to email@example.com, stating the position you would like to apply for in the email subject.
Current Job Openings:
Senior Online Content Editor
Marketing Department | Full-time
The Senior Online Content Editor is responsible for ensuring that all content (text, image, and video) on web assets, both public-facing and internal, is up to date and meets the standards and style guides set by the Namu Travel Group. In addition it will be the individual’s responsibility to coordinate with Partner Services, Sales, Travel Experience and other departments to ensure that all product descriptions, rates and offers are always up to date.
- Regularly check all sites to find and resolve content gaps and errors
- Plan and schedule content production and actualization of existing information
- Create, edit and publish content on public-facing websites and internal systems, and proof-read texts for social media profiles, outbound marketing pieces and other templates
- Ensure that keywords and other elements required for SEO are strategically and tactically aligned
- Produce and/or maintain the website style guide and all content-related procedures
- Work with IT team to ensure company aesthetic is met and maintained
- Contribute to and carry out special projects as needed
- Manage outreach and administration of assigned corporate programs (i.e. scholarships)
- Strong copywriting and editorial skills
- C1 English Level (written)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or a related field (desirable)
- Recent intermediate experience in a similar position
- Understanding of best SEO, Social Media and Email Marketing practices, CMS and web based technologies
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
The Customer Qualifier is responsible for increasing efficiency in the life cycle of the marketing/sales
pipeline. He or she will respond to potential, current and past clients to increase engagement with our
- Develop marketing qualification strategies that identify potential clients
- Create communications and deliver messages that increase interaction with our brand through telephone, e-mail, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
- Analyze and segment data
- Become a brand ambassador to improve Company profile across social media
- Generate new business opportunities
- Qualify prospects/leads using a variety of mediums (telephone, e-mail, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn,
- Effectively communicate with prospective clients via email and phone, with the ability to quote
prices answers questions.
- C1 English level – 100% proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing
- At least 3 years experience in marketing or customer service position
- High level knowledge of Costa Rica
- Knowledge of the Costa Rican Tourism Industry a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self motivated individual with a history of success
- Available to work some weekends and evenings.
Why Work With Us?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations—we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.
We believe that a country is best experienced with the help of a local friend to advise, plan and enhance our guests’ time in the country. Our Travel Consultants engage our customers through warm consultative techniques to find out what matters most to them while on vacation. We seek candidates who possess wanderlust, enjoy consultative sales, and strive for personal and professional greatness.
Our team of Travel Consultants travels every corner of this beautiful country to ensure we have the most accurate information about every tour and hotel we offer our clients. We provide qualified leads that we attract via our promotional efforts. As a consultant, it is your job to identify the client’s needs and use your first-hand knowledge to design a unique package that exceeds their expectations.
By leveraging mobile technology it’s possible to be available ‘round the clock to ensure our clients are met with excellent travel advice and assistance in planning their much-deserved tropical getaway.
Your career at Namu begins with a 90-day intensive training period. We want your full attention and enthusiasm during training, so you will receive a monthly stipend to make sure your basic needs are met. Most trainees begin selling before the training period ends.
After the 90 day training period, the stipend is removed and your compensation is 100% commission based. But Fear Not—Serious Work Comes with Serious Reward! Average consultants earn commissions and bonuses equating to $36,000 annually. Top producing consultants earn $45,000 or more.
- Frequent travel to luxury hotels throughout Costa Rica
- After completing the first year of your contract you are eligible to work 100% from anywhere in the world* with a flexible schedule (high speed internet required)
- Challenging Career Opportunities: all our Sales Management Team (and 2 owners!) started in Sales
- A work climate characterized by respect for the individual and celebration of differences
- An empowering and engaging work environment surrounded by the best Travel Professionals in the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have phenomenal communication skills. Native English is a requirement.
- Reside full-time in Costa Rica*
- Be in San José for 90 days. The 90-day expert training is held in our San José offices
- Be hungry for knowledge. Attend trips to hotels countrywide to ensure the most current product knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a creative problem-solver who loves challenge
- Is highly disciplined and self-motivated
- Thrives in a goal-based atmosphere
- Is insightful and Innovative
- Is honest, trustworthy and professional
- Seeks Financial Freedom
- Exudes confidence
- Is a lifelong learner who seeks personal and professional development
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school degree
- Proficient in basic computer skills (typing, MS office, Internet browsing)
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in consultative sales, solution-sales or customer service
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- A university degree
If you are interested in a position with our sales team please submit your resume with a professional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, this is a sales position and you are encouraged to ‘sell’ your talents as they pertain to the job description.
The cover letter is MANDATORY and should answer these three questions:
- What motivates you to be part of our team?
- What 3 skills or traits do you feel will most contribute to your success as a Travel Consultant?
- What is your favorite “travel experience” in Costa Rica? Why?
WHY WORK WITH US?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations– we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.