We are Central America’s largest online travel agency and have been in business since 1999. If you want to become part of a dynamic company with growth opportunities and a fun, relaxed environment, apply to become part of our team. We are passionate about serving customers and creating unforgettable experiences. We achieve this by hiring great people who view this career as more than just another Costa Rica job. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position you would like to apply for in the email subject.
Current Job Openings:
The Web Developer is responsible for developing and implementing all Linux-based, client-facing systems. The position is in charge of our network of client-facing web properties. These websites receive over 100,000 monthly visitors and are our primary source of new business. These technical assets are business critical as they are used to produce a high quantity of qualified leads for our sales team. The position is involved in high level technical decisions and reports directly to the Web Developer Lead.
Nature & Scope
The role is responsible for designing, coding, and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the company’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
You must be able to troubleshoot issues quickly and to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards, and trends.
- Work on some of the most difficult technical tasks
- Support the marketing department with creative solutions
- Use performance tools to make data-driven decisions and optimize websites
- Create an unmatched user experience
- Develop and maintain web applications built on PHP and MySQL
- Create application designs based on business requirements
- Develop logical and physical application and database designs
- Develop and maintain documentation at the system and operational level
- Ensure application security, integrity, and availability
- Develop application deployment packages, scripts and step by step implementation instructions
- Provide on-demand technical support related to all these systems
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum 2 years of PHP development experience
- PHP Knowledge (desirable in WordPress, CakePHP, Laravel)
- Competent comprehension of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Competent understanding of Git version code tools
- Competent comprehension of themes and forms of compatibility between browsers to work around them
- Basic understanding of SEO principles and best practices
- Basic knowledge of image editing tools, to be able to cut, resize, or make small adjustments to an image
- Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc (desirable)
- Knowledge of toolkits such as gulp, webpack and others (desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent field of study, or equivalent of 6 years of relevant experience
WHY WORK WITH US?
Here at Namu Travel, we don’t just plan vacations– we create unique, seamless, travel experiences that leave a lasting impression on even the most seasoned traveler. An innovative and entrepreneurial spirit is what brought us from a two-person startup in 1999, to being currently the largest local agency in Central America.